Video chat, call, or screen share with anyone, even those outside of BYU. We have created a video which outlines the various security options available when either setting up or during a Zoom meeting. Loyola adopted a new cloud recording retention policy on October 1, 2020 in which all cloud recordings will now be retained for 180 days. Cloud recordings older than 180 days will automatically be moved to a 30-day recycle bin.
Your meeting can last 24 hours, although you’re still limited to 100 participants. But you also can manage users and grant administrative privileges, as well as generate reports — like tracking how many meetings you’re holding and how long they last. I installed correctly this plugin on my moodle area. I need to start multiple meetings in the same moment. I added on my zoom account, another user as administrator. As long as you have a Zoom Pro account and a Switchboard Cloud account, connecting the two is easy to do.
How To Setup A Zoom Meeting?
Lastly, if you using Zoom on your computer via the browser, you can access it either via Google Chrome or Firefox. To get started, go to the Chrome Webstore and download the Zoom Scheduler extension. Once it is downloaded, the extension will appear at the top-right corner of the Chrome click the following page browser. Click on the extension and sign in using your credentials.
Check the Mute my microphone when joining a meeting checkbox. Click Settings in the upper right of the Zoom desktop application to open the Settings dialog box. Open the Zoom desktop application from your computer’s programs list. The Zoom Desktop application is now displayed in Portrait View.
Starting A Cloud Recording
Only cloud recording has additional features and options. Zoom can also be a simple lecture capture system by running a meeting with only oneself, while sharing the screen as a typical meeting or class. All meeting activity including host voice narration , and screen sharing will be captured and saved.
- Overall, many Zoom users feel that the platform “has among the best performance of any video conference platform.”
- Once you’ve done that, on the next screen, you’ll be asked to enter your email address, and your first and last name.
- Don’t give private information to anyone you don’t know or who doesn’t have a legitimate need for it — in person, over the phone, via e-mail, IM, text, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- We’re keeping an eye on how they improve their policies and security moving forward.
- A basic Zoom plan offers 40-minute time limits on meetings with three or more participants.